Last night I was inspired to make some gnocchi after seeing The Vegan Side Of The Moon blogs post on the delicious Hokkaido squash gnocchi. Unfortunately I did not have any squash at the moment so I made a cheap pumpkin puree version. Here is the recipe:
- ½ can pumpkin puree
- 1 small potato
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups wheat flour
- First things first, steam the potato in the handy dandy silicon steamer. It took only 4 minutes in the microwave.
3. Added the nutmeg and the flour to the mixture. (note: the amount of flour may not be exact depending on the size of the potato so I would add about a cup first and then adjust accordingly)
4. Cut the mixture in to four sections and roll it out with your hands. (Honestly, I’m just lazy and don’t want to clean the rolling pin. It’s easier to make 4 little rolls to cut than 1 large roll)
5. Boil the water so it’s ready!
6. Use the fork to cut the gnocchi into little “gnocchi squares” and use the fork to make the marks.
7. Add the gnocchi into the boiling water and take the noodles out when they float to the top. I just took a large spoon to scoop them out.
8. If you don’t want to eat the gnocchi that night and you want to save them, you can place them on a baking sheet and place them in the freezer. Now you can quick heat them up and eat whenever! I hope you enjoy this recipe.